Monday, November 7, 2011

Keep it going

So, I thought about my blog earlier today, and as usual, I felt panic about it.  Had the same pattern of thoughts:  "you should really give it a go today", "come on you can do it"; then the anxiety about blogging, then the negative self-talk:  "you're going to skip today....AGAIN; you're a putz."

But then I got to experience sheer bliss when this thought hit me:  I had blogged last night!  Nah-nah-nah, boo boo!  (wait.......who am I telling off with that juvenile refrain???!!  MYSELF?)

And all of this occurred within a nanosecond.  But I really did enjoy the bliss.  It was heaven.

But then I had to face the thought that I had to blog TODAY.  Well, I didn't have to.  But I am really trying to tackle this "practice makes perfect" thing that I'm so good at spouting to my kids, but rarely exhibit myself.  So new anxiety.

But here I am......I really think it has boiled down to this:  I just don't feel like I have much to say on a daily basis.  So what do I blog about today?

When in doubt, blog about books!  :)

So my latest obsession is reading books about how reading and books have influenced others.  Like I'm way crazy about this right now.  Here's a couple I've read recently:

   

Both fabulous.  Highly recommended.  

No comments:

Post a Comment